If you are passionate about providing excellent customer service and have great communication and computer skills, we have a position that may interest you.
HSLDA's membership department is seeking a Customer Care Representative to join our dynamic team. Our Customer Care Representatives respond to calls and emails, providing answers to a wide variety of questions, and process member account updates. This
is a full-time position located on site in our Purcellville, Virginia office. (This position is not remote.)
What You Will Do
- Handle customer contacts by phone and via email related to homeschooling, HSLDA, and membership, renewals, and customer billing, maintaining notes of all contacts
- Assist with making corrections, cancellations, and changes to member accounts as needed
- Conduct courtesy calls regarding member payments
- Provide answers to other staff regarding members’ accounts
- Run daily reports to assist with data integrity
- Assist with bulk mailings
- Perform additional duties as needed by Member Services Manager
What You Will Bring
- Being a high school graduate or higher—college degree preferred, but not required
- Excellent math, writing, and organizational skills
- Experience in office environments and customer service
- Computer skills, including word processing, database, and mail merging
- Professional phone etiquette; ability to maintain composure with emotional callers
- Good keyboarding and data entry speed
- Ability to expeditiously move through a large volume of deadline-driven work
- Accurate attention to detail and the ability to prioritize
- Spanish fluency a plus
- Being a committed Christian who supports HSLDA’s mission
Does this describe you? If so, please send your resume, along with a cover letter explaining why you feel you’re a good professional and cultural fit, to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Customer Care Representative” in the subject line. Please feel free to pass this message along to anyone you know who might be interested in serving in the advancement of homeschooling.
A Bit About Us
HSLDA is a Christian non-profit advocacy organization that equips homeschooling families to provide the best educational experience for their children. We do this by caring for each member family and protecting and securing the future of homeschooling.
We are firmly committed to serving our members and the homeschool community.