NOTE: While our new computer system is in its final stages of installation and testing, we are not able to offer any new Curriculum Grant applications until its launch. We have recently been informed of a delay in our software’s launch; it is now scheduled to take place in late June. If you are interested in applying for a Curriculum Grant, please check back in July. We look forward to assisting your family then!
What can Compassion Curriculum Grants be used for?
There are so many ways a Compassion Curriculum Grant can make homeschooling possible for a family experiencing financial challenges. These grants help with:
- School materials
- Homeschool courses/classes/co-ops
- School-related technology
- Diagnostic testing and therapies for children with special learning needs
Grants are typically a few hundred dollars per homeschooled child, depending on family size and circumstances.
Homeschooling families must meet certain requirements to be considered for a Compassion Curriculum Grant.
To qualify to apply, you must:
- Have completed at least one semester of homeschooling immediately prior to applying;
- Be homeschooling at least one child between 6 and 19 years old;
- Have legal custody of the child(ren) you are homeschooling;
- Be able to show significant financial need;
- Be able to provide character references;
- Have created a free My HSLDA Account
If you have ever received a grant before, you must also:
- Have submitted receipts documenting how your prior grant money was spent;
- Be a member of HSLDA (first-time applicants do not need to be members);
- Have waited a year since your last application.
If you have questions about a requirement, contact a Grant Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 540-338-8688.