248 results for curriculum resources
Yes, and often parents find that the homeschool setting allows their children to thrive! There are many resources available—from diagnostic testing and specialized curriculum to supportive or therapeutic services and more. HSLDA’s Special Needs Consultants are available to assist members with questions and support.
Our grants are only offered to homeschooling families. To be eligible, the parent or legal guardian should:
- be privately funding their homeschool program (as opposed to it being paid for by public funds);
- conduct the majority of the schooling at home (as opposed to a daily drop-off co-op); and
- have the authority to choose their child’s studies (as opposed to having the curriculum chosen by a school).
Finding the right resources for your student with special needs is critical, and HSLDA can help you find them! We have a lot of free articles and resources that you can look into. Here are a few options:
- Article: How to Choose Curriculum for Your Child with Special Needs
- Article: How to Adapt Any Curriculum to Your Child’s Special Needs
- Article: What Are Accommodations? Could They Help My Child Learn?
- Article: Beginner’s Guide: Using Assistive Technology in My Homeschool
- Webinar: You Can Homeschool with Special Needs!