Who Is This Webinar For?
- My child struggles with learning: Can homeschooling really work for us?
- Is there any research on homeschooling with special needs? What does it say?
- This new diagnosis and all these labels! I feel overwhelmed! If we homeschool, what kind of special education services, therapies, or accommodations are available?
- What about legal requirements, IEPs, evaluations, recordkeeping . . . ?
If any of these questions resonate with you, join HSLDA Special Needs Consultants Rochelle Matthews-Somerville and Faith Berens—along with HSLDA Director of Research and former school psychologist Steven Duvall—as they come alongside Sandra Kim, a public-school-turned-homeschool mom to three, to answer these questions about homeschooling with special needs—and more!
These three special needs education experts have all homeschooled their own kids and served as consultants to many homeschooling families who are teaching struggling learners. Join this encouraging conversation and gain confidence as you learn how the freedom and flexibility of homeschooling can help your child thrive!
Some Topics We’ll Discuss
- Can I really homeschool my child with special needs? Is it legal? Does it really work? What does research say?
- Does my child need an IEP? How do I get started?
- Where do I find curriculum and learning tools to fit my child’s needs?
- What kind of special education services, therapies, resources, and support are available to homeschooling parents?
- Can we provide therapies at home?
- Can I afford everything my child needs?