1897 results for   legal

When HSLDA chooses to represent a member family whose right to homeschool has been challenged by government officials, there are no charges of any kind. HSLDA pays in full all attorney fees (including those for local attorneys hired to appear with us in any state courts where HSLDA attorneys are not licensed to practice law), expert witness fees, court transcript costs, travel expenses, and all other court costs permissible by state law for us to pay. There are no additional fees or hidden costs.

As a member, you receive legal support through:

  • Personalized answers to all your homeschooling-related legal questions.
  • Full representation at every stage of legal proceedings, through letters, phone calls, and even court representation.* (This may involve HSLDA hiring local attorneys at no charge to you.)**
  • Access to 24/7 hotline for legal emergencies and state-specific legal forms.

Learn more about our member legal support.

HSLDA has state-specific legal forms for members only. On our interactive legal map, click on your state and then scroll down the page until you see a section titled Homeschooling Forms

Our legal team answers members’ questions, responds to emergencies, and resolves conflicts with authorities in all 50 states and US territories. To reach your state’s legal team, you can call us at 540-338-5600 or log in to your HSLDA account at to send a message directly.

Please note that member families who choose to consult separately with a non-HSLDA attorney must do so at their own expense.