We are currently looking for two Summer Conference Workers to serve during the 2021 conference season. This is a seasonal, full-time (May through end of July) position with no benefits, and will be based from our Purcellville, VA location.
What's In It for You
- The chance to be a part of our dynamic Conference team.
- An opportunity to travel within the US to homeschooling conferences, see new cities, experience their culture, and shine brightly for our Savior and for HSLDA. All travel and related expenses are covered by us!
- Earn bonuses for meeting and exceeding sales goals.
What You Will Be Doing
- Educating the families attending homeschooling conferences on the benefits of an HSLDA membership, encouraging them in their homeschooling by being positive, inviting, and caring, and showing commitment to HSLDA and our services.
- Traveling to at least 10 Conferences from April to July 31. (Two of these conferences will be training conferences.)
- Work hours will be primarily Thursday–Sunday, with some hours on Monday following the conference doing administrative work in follow up.
- Assisting with planning and coordinating other HSLDA events, including the Employee Picnic.
What You Need for This Position
- Customer centered focus. You will be the first line of contact at Conferences for families seeking information on homeschooling. Therefore you must exhibit strong interpersonal skills and a desire to help homeschooling families.
- Familiarity with HSLDA and the ability to clearly communicate our message (training provided).
- Confident, yet humble attitude. We expect you to be capable and competent in your duties as well as resourceful when finding answers for potential member families.
- Ability to function well on a team. We expect you to communicate what you're doing, what challenges you're experiencing, and to be receptive to input from other team members and leaders.
- Comfortable with traveling (flying and driving) to various destinations alone and/or accompanied by HSLDA staff.
- Availability for paid, part-time training mid- to late February, as well as at least one weekend conference in March and April.
- Have a credit card that you are comfortable putting expenses on, such as hotel and rental car, for which you will be reimbursed upon your return from the conference.
- Professional demeanor and an adequate business casual wardrobe.
- Must be 20 years old, hold a valid driver’s license, and a clean driving record.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
Does this describe you? If so, please reach out to us! You can apply by sending your resume, with a cover letter explaining why you feel you're a good professional and cultural fit, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to type “Summer Conference Worker” in the subject line.
A Bit About Us
HSLDA is a Christian organization that equips homeschool families to educate their children for success, protects their freedom to exercise their right to homeschool, and fights homeschool discrimination. As a non-profit advocacy organization, we are firmly committed to serving our members and the homeschool community.