HSLDA is seeking an associate attorney to join our legal team, providing a critical and rewarding role serving our member families. This is a full-time, on-site position in our Purcellville, VA office.
What's In It For You
- A growth-oriented team environment, where all team members are encouraged to learn and improve.
- A homeschool- and family-friendly work environment that values encouraging the best in every family.
- A generous, comprehensive benefits package, including medical, vision, and dental coverage, life insurance, long-term care, 401(k), 14 paid holidays, and generous vacation time—as well as an on-site gym.
What You Will Do
- Conduct research and respond to communications from members regarding legal questions and concerns related to homeschooling
- Achieve thorough familiarity and stay up to date with the homeschool laws
- Maintain relationships with homeschool leaders
- Handle correspondence with education officials and state legislators and encourage homeschool-friendly policies
- Promote homeschool freedom amongst homeschooling families and the public at large
- Speak on behalf of HSLDA at various events
- Author articles about homeschool laws and cases
- Perform other duties as assigned
What You Will Bring
- Law degree and license to practice in at least one state
- Two to four years of relevant experience preferred but recent law school graduates may apply
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
- Computer and technology savvy
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
- Being a committed Christian who is passionate about HSLDA’s mission to advocate for homeschool freedom in the courts, legislatures, and court of public opinion
Does this describe you? If so, please reach out to us! You can apply by sending your résumé, along with a writing sample and a cover letter explaining why you feel you are a good professional and cultural fit, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to type “Associate Attorney Opportunity” in the subject line.