HSLDA is seeking an attorney to join our legal team, providing a critical and rewarding role serving our member families. This is a full-time, on-site position in our Purcellville, VA office.
What’s in It for You
- A growth-oriented team environment, where all team members are encouraged to learn and improve.
- A homeschool- and family-friendly work environment that values encouraging the best in every family.
- A generous, comprehensive benefits package, including medical, vision, and dental coverage, life insurance, long-term care, 401(k), 13 paid holidays, and generous vacation time—as well as an on-site gym.
What You Will Do
- Respond to communications from members regarding legal questions and concerns related to homeschooling
- Achieve thorough familiarity and stay up-to-date with the homeschool laws of assigned states
- Maintain relationships with homeschool leaders in assigned states
- Handle correspondences with education officials and state legislators and encourage homeschool friendly policies
- Promote homeschooling freedom amongst homeschooling families and the public at-large
- Speak on behalf of HSLDA at various events
- Author articles about homeschool laws and cases
- Perform other duties as assigned
What You Will Bring
- Law degree and license to practice in at least one state
- Two to four years of relevant experience
- Exceptional writing skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Technologically savvy
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
- Being a committed Christian who is passionate about HSLDA's mission to advocate for homeschool freedom in the courts, in the legislatures, and in the court of public opinion
Does this describe you? If so, please reach out to us! You can apply by sending your résumé, along with a writing sample and a cover letter explaining why you feel you’re a good professional and cultural fit, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to type “Attorney Opportunity” in the subject line.
HSLDA is a Christian non-profit advocacy organization that equips homeschooling families to provide the best educational experience for their children. We do this by caring for each member family and protecting and securing the future of homeschooling.
We are firmly committed to serving our members and the homeschool community.