What’s in It for You
- A growth-oriented team environment, where all team members are encouraged to learn and improve.
- A homeschool- and family-friendly work environment that values encouraging the best in every family.
- A generous comprehensive benefits package, including family healthcare coverage, life insurance, long-term care, 401k, 13 paid holidays, generous vacation time, and an on-site gym.
What You Will Be Doing
- Responding to communications from members regarding legal questions and concerns related to homeschooling.
- Achieving thorough familiarity and staying up-to-date with the homeschool laws of assigned states.
- Maintaining relationships with homeschool leaders in assigned states.
- Handling correspondences with education officials and state legislators and encouraging homeschool friendly policies.
- Promoting homeschooling freedom amongst homeschooling families and the public at large.
- Speaking on behalf of HSLDA at various events.
- Writing articles about homeschool laws and cases.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Need for This Position
- Ability to travel when necessary (some travel is required)
- License to practice law in at least one state
- 2–4 years of relevant experience
- Excellent writing skills
- Computer and technology savvy
- Fluency in Spanish (preferred)
- To be a committed Christian who is passionate about HSLDA's mission to advocate for homeschool freedom in the courts, in the legislatures, and in the court of public opinion
- Ability to work full-time, onsite at our office in Purcellville, VA
Does this describe you? If so, please reach out to us! You can apply by sending your résumé, along with a cover letter explaining why you feel you’re a good professional and cultural fit, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to type “Attorney Opportunity” in the subject line.