We will be accepting nominations for this award April 1 through April 30, 2021.
At the time of nomination (April), eligible students must meet the following criteria:
- Be between the ages of 13 and 19.
- Currently homeschooled.
- Homeschooled since the start of the current school year.
Any adult may nominate an eligible teen.
The students’ community service should reflect the following:
- The community service was performed since May of the prior year.
We recognize that students may have spent years volunteering with a given project. While information about their service’s longevity is helpful for context, this award will focus on their efforts during the past school year, specifically since May of last year.
- The community service demonstrated initiative and/or leadership on the part of the student.
- The community service made a sustainable, meaningful impact on people’s lives, especially those experiencing difficult living conditions or situations.
If it is not evident how a given project will improve the surrounding community or will have a lasting impact in some way, please be sure to explain in your nomination.
Awards are presented at our National Leaders Conference in September. HSLDA will cover all costs associated with travel and attending the first two days of the conference for the three winners and one parent each.Nominate a student now.
Questions? Email us at SLAward@hslda.org.