Who Is This Webinar For?
When it’s time for math, does your child—or do you!—want to go hide under the dining room table? Break into a cold sweat? Or burst into tears?
From learning 2+2 to 4+4 and subtracting two columns to figuring out fractions, decimals, or starting pre-Algebra, math can be boring, intimidating, or even overwhelming to kids. (And parents, too!)
You might be wondering, “How can I make math fun for my kids? What kind of math is my student ready for developmentally? Can they learn any math independently—or do I have to sit with them every day?”
You’re not alone! Come and join this welcoming conversation. We’ll focus on how to inspire kids in kindergarten through junior high to absorb, remember, and enjoy math!
In this webinar, Carlita Boyles (homeschool mom and author of Math on the Level) and HSLDA Educational Consultant Rochelle Mathews-Somerville, PhD, team up with our host Sandra Kim (former-public-school-turned-new-homeschooling-mom) to talk about their families’ own math challenges and share creative solutions that work!
What math challenges are your family facing? Bring your questions and find answers in this recorded webinar!
Some Topics We Cover
- Why do some students seem reluctant or unmotivated to do math?
- How can I make math more fun and engaging? What about games?
- Do we have to learn math concepts in a certain order?
- Can my kids at different levels work on the same math concepts at the same time?
- What are ways to incorporate learning math into my family’s everyday life?