Who Is This Webinar For?
- “I have a toddler, an 8-year-old, and a 15-year-old. Can homeschooling really work for us?”
- “I’d love to homeschool, but I still have to work during the day. Is there a way to make homeschooling fit our family?”
- “My kids aren’t on grade level and have IEP’s. How do I teach them—and how will they get speech and occupational therapy?”
HSLDA High School and Special Need Consultant Rochelle Matthews-Somerville (homeschool mom to six) and HSLDA Staff Attorney Tj Schmidt (homeschool grad and now homeschool dad to seven) join our moderator, Sandra Kim (a former-public-school-turned-new-homeschool-and-full-time-working mom to three). They’ll come alongside you with clear answers, reassuring insights, creative how-to’s, and honest, real stories of what worked and what didn’t.
Some Topics We’ll Discuss
- As a one-income family, can I even afford curriculum and supplies for my kids?
- I am dyslexic/sick/disabled/[insert your unique circumstance here]. How could I teach my child and make this fit our family?
- How do we cover advanced subjects like chemistry, trigonometry, foreign languages, or creative writing?
- My extended family does not support me homeschooling my children. Help!
- What about socialization? Sports? Community for me and the kids?