Who Is This Webinar For?
- “How do I find support for homeschooling, friends for all of us, and activities for the kids when we’re constantly moving?”
- “When we’re stationed in another state or country, which state or country’s homeschool law should I be following?"
- “So many variables and so much change—how can I reduce my family’s stress levels?”
If your family is in the military, you know all about the unique challenges and amazing opportunities that this life brings. On the one hand, you’re juggling frequent relocations and long separations from family and friends, but on the other hand, you get to experience once-in-a-lifetime field trips and cultural immersion!
HSLDA High School Consultant and Military Outreach Coordinator, US Navy chaplain’s wife, and homeschool mom to five, Natalie Mack, has lived all over the world, founding and leading military homeschooling groups.
In this warm conversation with our moderator Sandra Kim (a former-public-school-turned-new-homeschool-and-full-time-working mom to three), Natalie and fellow military homeschooling mom Sabrina Riley will share their best tips for homeschooling in the military, along with their honest experiences of what works and what doesn’t.
Does any of this resonate with you? If so, bring your questions and join us for this free webinar!
Some Topics We’ll Discuss
- If we get assigned OCONUS (outside the continental US), is it legal for us to homeschool there? What if we’re often travelling across country borders?
- Who is my point of contact at a military installation to find out about resources and possibly using base facilities?
- If we have to PCS (make a permanent change of station) in the middle of a school year, what should I bring and how do we keep homeschooling through the move?
- How can we stay involved with family and friends during a PCS?
- What about high school transcripts, scholarships, and college applications for my well-traveled homeschool grad?