The modern era of home education began in the 1950s and has continued to grow and see expanded benefits. Join homeschool mom and researcher Dixie Dillon Lane as she analyzes these concepts through the lens of her doctoral thesis, “Skipping School: Homeschooling in Los Angeles County, 1950-2010”, with Jim Mason (HSLDA President). Join them to gain a historical perspective on the different eras of homeschooling, learn more about HSLDA’s role in establishing and maintaining homeschool freedom, and hear Dixie’s personal experience of home-educating her children and the benefits her family has reaped.
- Read Dixie's two-part series: Reconsidering Homeschooling Part 1 & Part 2
- Dixie's Doctoral Thesis: Skipping School: Homeschooling in Los Angeles County, 1950-2010
- Check out HSLDA's book: Homeschool Freedom: How it works and & why we must protect it
- Interested in joining HSLDA? Become a member here.
- Consider supporting homeschool families through a donation.
- Get Homeschool Talks in your inbox.
- Suggest a guest for Homeschool Talks.