175 results for news
You receive a full year of all the member benefits below for far less than you would pay for an hour of an attorney’s time almost anywhere else!
Member Legal Services
From legal advice to full court representation: no matter what services are needed to help you, there are no further charges of any kind beyond your annual membership dues.
- Get personal answers to your homeschooling-related legal questions, whether you need clarification of your state’s homeschool law or are experiencing conflict or misunderstanding with a government official.
- Know that we will correspond on your behalf with such officials as needed. Often, a well-worded first response to an official can prevent a situation from escalating into a full-blown legal problem.
- If your homeschooling-related situation winds up in court, you can rest assured that HSLDA provides full representation at every stage of legal proceedings. (This may require hiring local attorneys at no charge to you.)*
Member Consultant Services
Get one-on-one advice by phone or email from our pre-K–12 educational consultants at no additional charge—just the cost of your annual membership dues. The educational consultants can help you with:
- Getting started homeschooling.
- Homeschooling a child with special needs.
- Planning classes and choosing curriculum.
- Making a high school transcript.
- And much more!
Other Member Services
Here are more services and resources our members have said they found very helpful:
- Enjoy 24/7/365 access to our members-only online resources, including detailed information and HSLDA-designed forms to help you comply with your state’s homeschooling regulations.
- Save money by using our specially negotiated member discounts with national vendors through the HSLDA Member Discount Program.
- Help your budget stretch even further by using your member discounts on other HSLDA programs and services, such as the HSLDA Store, HSLDA Online Academy’s online courses, and Generation Joshua leadership camps.
- Read the inside scoop with the Home School Court Report, our quarterly member magazine packed with homeschooling news, analysis, stories, tips, and encouragement.
* Please note that member families who choose to consult separately with a non-HSLDA attorney must do so at their own expense.