Have you ever wished that you had someone to help you brainstorm teaching strategies, find a better way to manage a tricky behavior issue, or figure out what curriculum would be the best fit for your child? When you become a member of HSLDA, you get one-on-one access to our team of Educational Consultants to help answer your questions and find solutions to your homeschooling challenges.
Each of our consultants are veteran homeschooling mamas with a passion to equip you to help your child succeed! Some have graduated all of their homeschool students. Some are juggling working and homeschooling.
You can tap into the wisdom and practical resources our consultants bring through their abundant experience and training. Many have taught or offered support in public school, private school, college, or at homeschool conferences. A number are support group or co-op leaders.
Their combined training includes early childhood, elementary education, special education, reading remediation, Autism, Asperger’s, communication disorders, journalism, human resources, engineering, educational psychology, and much more!
HSLDA Special Needs Consultant Services
As an HSLDA member, you receive access to the following services. You can:
- Receive one-on-one guidance through personalized phone and email consultations; discuss your child’s unique learning challenges and how to customize homeschooling.
- Get member access to lists of resources, curricula, and interventions that are beneficial for homeschooling children with various exceptionalities.
- Submit your child’s diagnostic, educational and/or academic achievement test reports for our consultants to review so they can make specific, targeted instructional recommendations.
- Receive resources and personalized guidance for developing your child’s written student education plan (SEP), including sample plans and a blank template.
- Get step-by-step directions and personalized advice for requesting special testing accommodations for college entrance exams, such as the SAT and ACT.
- Download sample special needs high school transcripts [coming soon!] and a blank transcript form, and ask our consultants to review your completed transcript and give you specific feedback.
Does any of this help sound like just what you need right now? Then go ahead and reach out to HSLDA’s Special Needs Consultant Team! And if you’re not a member yet, we’d love for you to be able to experience this support as part of the HSLDA family—you can learn more about membership or join today!
* * *