Are you looking for a job that requires organization and creativity; a sense of humor with a will of iron; detail-oriented planning with a flair for last minute fun? Then this is the job for you!
Our Marketing & Communication Department plans, creates, and deploys outward-facing communications while Operations directs the projects related to HSLDA’s strategic initiatives. As the Project Assistant you will be an essential team member, with a major focus on reviewing projects with long-term goals, breaking them up into doable tasks, assigning each to an appropriate team member, and monitoring teamwork load to help us complete a plethora of projects in a timely manner.
What You Will Do
- Review project requests received by various departments, determine what each job will entail, set deadlines, and evaluate costs for each project.
- Direct and coordinate tasks for designers, editors, and videographers, utilizing Wrike to ensure projects progress on schedule and within their prescribed budget.
- Coordinate with outside vendors to determine pricing for various projects and obtain bids.
- Process invoices for projects using Sage Intacct, record production costs, and find ways to cut costs when possible.
- Coordinate the day-to-day details to keep projects running smoothly.
- Assist the Sr. Project Manager and Vice President of Marketing & Communications with additional responsibilities and tasks as needed.
What You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree with two or more years related experience preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to maintain organization in a fast-paced, often demanding work environment.
- Capacity to clearly communicate project goals and specs to team members.
- Capability to multitask and prioritize with humility and a sense of humor.
- Being a committed Christian who supports HSLDA's mission.
What We Offer You
- Medical, prescription, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long-term and short-term disability insurance
- 401k retirement savings plan
- 13 paid holidays, plus your birthday annually
- Generous vacation and sick leave policy
- A place to invest your talents in a cause that matters
Send your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Project Assistant—Communications & Operations" indicated in the subject line. Please feel free to pass this message along
to anyone you know who might be interested in serving in the advancement of homeschooling.
A Bit About Us
HSLDA is a Christian non-profit advocacy organization that equips homeschooling families to provide the best educational experience for their children. We do this by caring for each member family and protecting and securing the future of homeschooling. We are firmly committed to serving our members and the homeschool community.