We are looking for a full-time Membership Representative. This person will respond to calls and emails that ask a wide variety of questions, ranging from how to homeschool to what member services include to general customer service; process member account updates; and assist membership department with core tasks.
What’s in It for You
- The opportunity to work with a dynamic team that serves our members and the homeschooling community while encouraging our co-laborers to excel in their roles while strengthening their personal walk with Christ.
- An opportunity to develop deep, authentic relationships and pray for our co-laborers and their families.
- A homeschool- and family-friendly work environment that values encouraging the best in every family.
What You Will Be Doing
- Handling customer contacts by phone and in writing, related to customer billing problems.
- Coordinating with Communications regarding print projects and reorders; maintaining inventory counts of membership materials.
- Coordinating with Tech and Web regarding automated emails and Membership-related web content as needed.
- Handling purchasing of office equipment and supplies for multiple departments.
- Submitting requests and invoices for HSLDA partners to ensure timely payment for contract labor.
- Processing partner applications into system database.
- Monitoring multiple membership email inboxes responding to member and nonmember questions.
- Ensuring accuracy of data within organizational database, assisting with contact information updates, login issues, and other related duties.
- Maintaining customer complaint data to report as needed for service improvements.
- Carrying out additional duties as needed assigned by Member Accounts Manager or Membership Supervisor.
- Performing other duties as requested.
What You Need for This Position
- Passion for homeschooling
- Excellent writing, math, and organizational skills
- Experience in accounting, mathematics, and computer applications preferred
- Accurate, deadline-driven, and detail-oriented mindset
- Good customer service and telephone manner
- Good keyboarding and data-entry speed
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office, database, accounting software and mail merging
- Experience working in an office environment preferred
- Customer service experience preferred
- College degree or equivalent preferred
- Spanish fluency is a plus
- Availability to work in our office in Purcellville, VA
- Must be a committed Christian and supportive of HSLDA’s mission to help homeschooling families provide the best educational experience for their children
Does this describe you? If so, please reach out to us! You can apply by sending your resume, with a cover letter explaining why you feel you’re a good professional and cultural fit, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to type “Membership Representative” in the subject line.