Home School Legal Defense Association is seeking a Lead Front-end Web Developer to work in our Web Services Department. Qualified candidates should be experienced and proficient in front-end web development, and be very familiar with website design and UX. This role will work closely with other front-end developers, back-end developers, business analysts, product owners, and UX/UI designers.
The Lead Front-end Developer’s responsibilities will include developing and maintaining HSLDA.org and related websites, building, and testing new website and email templates and pages, and reviewing website analytics to find data-driven improvement opportunities.
Sitefinity experience is a plus.
This is a full-time, on-site position.
Candidate must be a committed Christian and be supportive of HSLDA’s mission to help families homeschool successfully.
What you will do:
- Develop and maintain new website templates and pages.
- Maintain and improve a front-end design system (i.e., reusable building blocks to create interfaces quickly; keeping a consistent look and feel).
- Participate in systems design planning and integration (i.e., connecting different technologies together).
- Support non-developer staff (assisting with debugging code problem on CMS pages and emails that they are working on).
- General webmaster duties (monitoring websites and services, working with IT to quickly fix errors or restore any systems that go down, renewing domain names, monitoring webmaster email accounts, and providing website planning guidance, etc.).
- Adhere to content production and development schedules.
- Keep code tidy, following best practices, and using Git version control.
- Document code, including commenting and reporting on features.
What you will need:
- A thorough understanding of—and experience in using and maintaining—various website content management systems.
- Demonstrate a familiarity with and application of UX thinking (i.e., what makes an efficient and effective customer experience).
- Strong coding and code testing skills (minimum 5 years of experience).
- Project estimation and planning.
- Analytics—implementing and setting up; A/B testing; and reviewing data to find and solve problems.A learning and growing attitude—evidenced by self-motivated and -directed acquisition of new skills.
- Ability to stay organized and manage time well while doing tasks thoroughly.
- Comfortable working in a high-stress atmosphere of multiple, competing deadlines, and able to efficiently keep short-term and long-term projects moving forward.
- Ability to work across teams to identify and solve problems.
- Leading and guidance—the ability to effectively manage web team members and inspire and equip them to always be learning and growing.
- Attention to detail and strong, effective communication skills—both written and verbal.
- Initiative and flexibility in implementing organizational policy.
- Adaptability to fast-changing priorities.
Qualifications and Education Requirement
Does this sound like you? Send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Lead Front-end Web Developer" indicated in the subject line. We are very interested in seeing examples of your work, so please include links to projects you've previously done, or to your portfolio if you have one.