Watch this free, 45-minute recorded workshop for tips to navigate the crossroads of electronics and education.
Who Is This Webinar For?
- “My 10-year-old loves his online homeschool math class, but he has a meltdown every time I ask him to get off the tablet! Do I ban screen time? Is there a better way?”
- “In the evening after her video science classes, my high schooler spends a lot of time connecting with her friends and even her grandparents—on her phone. How can I make sure she stays safe online?”
- “Screens are part of our family’s life: how do we find a balance? How can we leverage the benefits and minimize the downsides?”
If any of these questions resonate with you, join our panelists as they come alongside former public school mom, Sandra Kim, who is diving into homeschooling this fall with her three kids, ages 7, 9, and 12—and figuring out how to balance their screen time.
Some Questions We’ll Answer
- Which are the biggest advantages—and challenges—of screen time for homeschooling kids and families?
- What does science tell us about screen time:
- Can it affect brain function and development?
- Could it impact sleep or behavior?
- What are safe amounts for different ages?
- How can I know how much screen time is too much for my own child?
- What are some creative practical parenting strategies I can use to balance screen time at home?
- What kind of digital or online tools are available to help me teach my kids how to manage their screen time?