Who Is This Webinar For?
- “My 10-year-old loves his online homeschool math class, but he has a meltdown every time I ask him to get off the tablet! Do I ban screen time? Is there a better way?”
- “In the evening after her video science classes, my high schooler spends a lot of time connecting with her friends and even her grandparents—on her phone. How can I make sure she stays safe online?”
- “Screens are part of our family’s life: how do we find a balance? How can we leverage the benefits and minimize the downsides?”
If any of these questions resonate with you, join our panelists as they come alongside former public school mom, Sandra Kim, who is diving into homeschooling this fall with her three kids, ages 7, 9, and 12—and figuring out how to balance their screen time.
Using electronic devices is part of most homeschoolers’ days—even if it’s just using Google to fact-check or get a ukulele lesson from Aunt Kate. In this webinar, our speakers will equip you with knowledge, resources, and tips to manage kids’ screen time—and you’ll get the chance to ask your own questions!
Some Questions We’ll Answer
- Which are the biggest advantages—and challenges—of screen time for homeschooling kids and families?
- What does science tell us about screen time:
- Can it affect brain function and development?
- Could it impact sleep or behavior?
- What are safe amounts for different ages?
- How can I know how much screen time is too much for my own child?
- What are some creative practical parenting strategies I can use to balance screen time at home?
- What kind of digital or online tools are available to help me teach my kids how to manage their screen time?
Workshop will be aired live on October 29 at 7:00pm ET.
About this Webinar Series
This pandemic has many parents searching for educational alternatives that can work for the entire family this fall. If you think homeschooling might be your family’s best option right now, our LIVE webinars are for you!
HSLDA is the largest homeschooling organization in the US. We have worked to advance and protect homeschooling freedom in all 50 states and territories since 1983.
Let us show you the ropes and what to expect if you’re making the transition from public school to homeschooling this fall. You can do it, and we’re here to help!
Check out all of HSLDA’s upcoming webinars and recorded events.