Watch this free, 50-minute recorded workshop for information on how to start homeschooling midyear!
Who Is This Webinar For?
- “Can I really start homeschooling right now?”
- “Where do I get assessments, therapy, and support for my child?”
- “Is it possible to pull my student out of public school midyear? What's the first step?”
If these questions resonate with you, join our panelists, HSLDA Special Needs Consultants Dr. Rochelle Matthews-Somerville and Faith Berens—plus HSLDA attorney Tj Schmidt—as they come alongside former public school mom, Sandra Kim, to give you the real scoop and tell you step-by-step how to start homeschooling your child who learns differently. New to homeschooling, Sandra works full-time and still manages to homeschool her three kids, ages 7, 9, and 12. She'll share her experience (failures and all) so far.
Some Topics We’ll Cover
- How can homeschooling help me meet my child where they are right now?
- Can I really do this? I’m not a teacher! I work full-time! I have no time for this!
- Is this legal for kids with special needs? Can I start right away?
- Do I need an IEP?
- What about testing? Do we have to test?
- How can homeschooling help my child learn more successfully?
- Assessment, therapy, and support woven into your schedule
- Self-paced, tailored curriculum
- Lots of opportunities for hands-on, interest-based learning
- Freedom & flexibility
- Safe, loving, stable environment