Who Is This Webinar For?
- “Can I really start homeschooling right now?”
- “Where do I get assessments, therapy, and support for my child?”
- “Is it possible to pull my student out of public school midyear? What's the first step?”
If these questions resonate with you, join our panelists, HSLDA Special Needs Consultants Dr. Rochelle Matthews-Somerville and Faith Berens—plus HSLDA attorney Tj Schmidt—as they come alongside former public school mom, Sandra Kim, to give you the real scoop and tell you step-by-step how to start homeschooling your child who learns differently. New to homeschooling, Sandra works full-time and still manages to homeschool her three kids ages 7, 9, and 12. She'll share her experience (warts and all) so far.
Some Topics We’ll Cover
- How can homeschooling help me meet my child where they are right now?
- Can I really do this? I’m not a teacher! I work full-time! I have no time for this!
- Is this legal for kids with special needs? Can I start right away?
- Do I need an IEP?
- What about testing? Do we have to test?
- How can homeschooling help my child learn more successfully?
- Assessment, therapy, and support woven into your schedule
- Self-paced, tailored curriculum
- Lots of opportunities for hands-on, interest-based learning
- Freedom & flexibility
- Safe, loving, stable environment
Meet the Speakers for This Webinar
- Rochelle Matthews-Somerville, PhD, HSLDA Special Needs and High School Consultant, Team Leader, Homeschooling Mom to Six
- Tj Schmidt, Esq., Staff Attorney, Homeschool Grad, Homeschooling Dad to Seven
- Faith Berens, MEd, HSLDA Special Needs Consultant, Reading Specialist, Homeschooling Mom to Two (one graduated)
Workshop will stream live on January 21 at 7:00 p.m. ET.
About this Webinar Series
This pandemic has many parents searching for educational alternatives that can work for the entire family this fall. If you think homeschooling might be your family’s best option right now, our LIVE webinars are for you!
HSLDA is the largest homeschooling organization in the US. We have worked to advance and protect homeschooling freedom in all 50 states and territories since 1983.
Let us show you the ropes and what to expect if you’re making the transition from public school to homeschooling this fall. You can do it, and we’re here to help!
Check out all of HSLDA’s upcoming webinars and recorded events.