Who Is This Webinar For?
- “Have my kids learned enough for this year? How do I check?”
- “Do I need to keep every worksheet, workbook, and piece of notebook paper? What about attendance, test scores, or grades?”
- “How can we celebrate our wins?”
Does this resonate with you? If so, join us for this free webinar.
Bring your questions and fill your homeschool toolkit with helpful solutions, innovative approaches, and great tips for efficiently and effectively wrapping up your school year—and showcasing the milestones your whole family can be proud of!
Some Topics We’ll Discuss
- Having reasonable expectations (Not too high, not too low!)
- Meeting state requirements, but not stressing over a few pages of unfinished curriculum
- Evaluating where my kids are and where they need to be right now:
- How do I do day-to-day assessment of their mastery?
- What about testing: laws, options, reasons to test or not?
- When would we use portfolios and how do they work?
- What about scope and sequence (aka checklist for my child’s age/grade)?
- Making a positive plan to address any learning gaps (Co-op or new strategy next year? Yes!!)
- Keeping kids motivated to complete a summer subject. (We’ve all been there—let’s talk kid-tested tools and tips!)
This workshop will stream live on May 20 at 7PM ET. (We'll email you a link to the recording after the event.)
Meet the Speakers for This Webinar
- Vicki Bentley, HSLDA PreK–8 Educational Consultant, Homeschooling Mom to Eight (all graduated)
- Rochelle Matthews-Somerville, PhD, HSLDA Special Needs and High School Consultant, Team Leader, Homeschooling Mom to Six
- Kim Glanowski, Founder of Eden Hope Academy and Reimagine Education Conference, Business Development Consultant, Author, Homeschooling Mom to Four
About this Webinar Series
This pandemic has many parents searching for educational alternatives that can work for the entire family this fall. If you think homeschooling might be your family’s best option right now, our LIVE webinars are for you!
HSLDA is the largest homeschooling organization in the US. We have worked to advance and protect homeschooling freedom in all 50 states and territories since 1983.
Let us show you the ropes and what to expect if you’re making the transition from public school to homeschooling this fall. You can do it, and we’re here to help!
Check out all of HSLDA’s upcoming webinars and recorded events.