Who Is This Webinar For?
- “How do I get the wiggles out when it's so cold outside?”
- “We're done with school in 40 minutes flat . . . Now what?”
- “My kids are all different ages, juggling naps and snacks . . . How can I manage this?”
If any of these questions resonate with you, join our panelists, HSLDA PreK-8 Educational Consultant Vicki Bentley, HSLDA attorney Tj Schmidt, and public-school-teacher-now-homeschool-mom Jenna Myers, as they come alongside former public school mom, Sandra Kim, to equip you with encouraging insights and creative solutions to deal with cabin fever and other challenges of homeschooling your preschooler through winter. New to homeschooling, Sandra works full-time and still manages to homeschool her three kids ages 7, 9, and 12. She'll share her experience (warts and all) so far.
Some Topics We’ll Discuss
- Innovative ways to experience nature inside
- Indoor wiggle-releasing tips and tricks
- Practical alternatives to play dates
- Free play-what is it and why is it necessary?
- What can preschoolers do independently?
- How can you implement independent play?
- Quiet boxes / quiet times during the day
- How to develop and fine-tune motor skills
- Let them help: creative ways to make simple chores fun!
Meet the Speakers for This Webinar
- Vicki Bentley, HSLDA PreK-8 Educational Consultant, Homeschool Mom to Eight (all graduated)
- Jenna Myers, Former Public School Teacher, Homeschooling mom to Three (Two Preschoolers and a First Grader)
- Tj Schmidt, Esq., Staff Attorney, Homeschool Grad, Homeschooling Dad to Seven
Workshop will stream live on January 28 at 7:00 p.m. ET.
About this Webinar Series
This pandemic has many parents searching for educational alternatives that can work for the entire family this fall. If you think homeschooling might be your family’s best option right now, our LIVE webinars are for you!
HSLDA is the largest homeschooling organization in the US. We have worked to advance and protect homeschooling freedom in all 50 states and territories since 1983.
Let us show you the ropes and what to expect if you’re making the transition from public school to homeschooling this fall. You can do it, and we’re here to help!
Check out all of HSLDA’s upcoming webinars and recorded events.