HSLDA is looking for a part-time high school educational consultant to support homeschoolers and those considering homeschooling through the high school years by providing expert knowledge, relevant networking, and empathetic nurturing through in-person
and virtual connections to those we serve. If you have a passion for consistently delivering prompt, high-quality services and advice to homeschoolers, including those who may not share your personal educational philosophy, this may be the ideal position
for you. This position is remote, but living within driving distance of our Purcellville, VA office is preferred. Twenty to thirty hours a week is anticipated for this part-time role.
What you will do
- Support and respond to members’ homeschooling needs by providing advice, answering questions, giving encouragement, and reviewing transcript and other documents via email, phone, virtual, or in-person interaction.
- Develop and maintain familiarity and expertise with a broad spectrum of homeschool curriculum, websites, bloggers, YouTube videos, conferences, educational teaching practices, resources, and competitive organizations/companies.
- Develop familiarity with each state’s homeschool law and communicate as needed with the legal staff in order understand the education and documentation requirements for each state.
- Remain current on homeschool policies for areas such as college admissions, financial aid, military enlistment, NCAA core-course documentation, Common App, and more.
- Participate in ongoing staff development and HSLDA training.
- Maintain and refine resource lists and internal documents managed by the educational consultants for the benefit of members.
- Document all member contacts into membership database system.
- Identify and create ways that HSLDA’s educational consultant program can support HSLDA in increasing its ability to be the “go-to resource” for homeschooling.
- Attend quarterly meetings onsite to foster team spirt, interdepartmental cooperation, share resources, problem solve, pursue professional development, and focus on goals.
- Travel to destinations and speak at homeschool conferences and/or support group symposiums on occasion.
- Write articles, update brochures, add website content, compose e-newsletters, provide blogs, or make social media posts as needed.
- Assist HSLDA co-workers at regional, state, national, or international homeschool conferences.
- Develop and update brand appropriate PowerPoint (or other media) presentations, workshop content, and handout materials on a variety of educational topics.
- Present webinars and/or Facebook Live sessions on topics of interest.
- Create videos for either short topics or teaching opportunities.
- Develop social media resources.
- Assist in the creation and promotion of educational consultant program innovations for outreach and ministry to homeschool community and its leaders.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you will bring
- Being a committed Christian who supports HSLDA's mission to help homeschooling families provide the best educational experience for their children. Having empathy for parents’ various homeschooling philosophies is imperative.
- A bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Prior success in homeschooling children through high school, having graduated at least one child from homeschool and having experience in preparing homeschool graduates for college admissions and career opportunities.
- Familiarity with college admissions process and good documentation skills for transcripts, extracurricular activities, and course descriptions.
- Excellent demonstrable telephone communication skills.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Bilingualism is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and be a constructive team player.
- Ability to multi-task and be organized while remaining flexible.
- Technical competency and capability; proficiency in Microsoft Office applications a plus.
- Availability for quarterly meetings, staff development, and other relevant on-site meetings (HSLDA headquarters) as necessary.
Does this describe you? If so, please reach out to us! You can apply by sending your resume, with a cover letter explaining why you feel you’re a good professional and cultural fit, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to type “Part-time High School Consultant” in the subject line.
A Bit About Us
HSLDA is a Christian non-profit advocacy organization that equips homeschooling families to provide the best educational experience for their children. We do this by caring for each member family and protecting and securing the future of homeschooling. We are firmly committed to serving our members and the homeschool community.