Who Is This Webinar For?
- “How do I talk my kids into going outside and having fun?”
- “What are some simple, inexpensive outdoor activities that my whole family can enjoy together?”
- “Where do I find out what outdoor activities are available near me?"
Does this resonate with you? If so, join us for this free webinar.
We’ve got a great lineup of homeschooling parents just bursting with creative ways to get your family outdoors—and having fun! (Ever heard of the 1000 Hours Outside Challenge?)
Together with former-public-school-turned-new-homeschool-mom, Sandra Kim (full-time working mom to three), our panel will equip you with lots of practical solutions, but also with the inspiring scientific, developmental, and social reasons that getting outside is so powerfully good for your kids—and your whole family!
So grab your outside shoes, bring your questions, and let’s explore opportunities to boost health, movement, and brain function!
Some Topics We’ll Discuss
- My kids are glued to their screens. How can I help them manage screen time and get them off their screens?
- What are some health benefits of getting outside?
- Develops the vestibular sense (plus what that is and why it's important)
- Enhances learning through movement
- Boosts emotional intelligence
- Builds kids' risk assessment skills
- Increases Vitamin D absorption
- Turns on relaxation response and relieves stress
- Sharpens focus, eyesight
- Extends lifespan, and more!
- Ideas for fun outdoor activities: scavenger hunts, trail walks, gardens, picnics, games, crafts, apps for parents . . .
- Both parents and kids need outdoor time:
- Nature is the great age equalizer, engaging for all ages
- Beauty in the wilderness helps us embrace the imperfections in nature and in our homes
- Outdoor opportunities for socialization
- Homeschooling during COVID vs. “normal” times
This workshop will stream live on April 22 at 7:00pm ET. (We'll email you a link to the recording after the event.)
Meet the Speakers for This Webinar
- Ginny Yurich, MEd, Founder of 1000 Hours Outside Challenge and 1000hoursoutside.com, Speaker, Author, Illustrator, Homeschooling Mom to Five
- Heather Frommack, RDN, HSLDA Director of Outreach and Consulting Services, Homeschooling Mom to Five (thee graduated)
- Anita Gibson, HSLDA High School Consultant, Homeschooling Mom to Three (all graduated)
About this Webinar Series
This pandemic has many parents searching for educational alternatives that can work for the entire family this fall. If you think homeschooling might be your family’s best option right now, our LIVE webinars are for you!
HSLDA is the largest homeschooling organization in the US. We have worked to advance and protect homeschooling freedom in all 50 states and territories since 1983.
Let us show you the ropes and what to expect if you’re making the transition from public school to homeschooling this fall. You can do it, and we’re here to help!
Check out all of HSLDA’s upcoming webinars and recorded events.