Who Is This Webinar For?
- “How do I talk my kids into going outside and having fun?”
- “What are some simple, inexpensive outdoor activities that my whole family can enjoy together?”
- “Where do I find out what outdoor activities are available near me?"
Does this resonate with you? If so, watch this free webinar.
We’ve got a great lineup of homeschooling parents just bursting with creative ways to get your family outdoors—and having fun! (Ever heard of the 1000 Hours Outside Challenge?)
Together with former-public-school-turned-new-homeschool-mom, Sandra Kim (full-time working mom to three), our panel will equip you with lots of practical solutions, but also with the inspiring scientific, developmental, and social reasons that getting outside is so powerfully good for your kids—and your whole family!
So grab your outside shoes, bring your questions, and let’s explore opportunities to boost health, movement, and brain function!
Some Topics We’ll Discuss
- My kids are glued to their screens. How can I help them manage screen time and get them off their screens?
- What are some health benefits of getting outside?
- Develops the vestibular sense (plus what that is and why it's important)
- Enhances learning through movement
- Boosts emotional intelligence
- Builds kids' risk assessment skills
- Increases Vitamin D absorption
- Turns on relaxation response and relieves stress
- Sharpens focus, eyesight
- Extends lifespan, and more!
- Ideas for fun outdoor activities: scavenger hunts, trail walks, gardens, picnics, games, crafts, apps for parents . . .
- Both parents and kids need outdoor time:
- Nature is the great age equalizer, engaging for all ages
- Beauty in the wilderness helps us embrace the imperfections in nature and in our homes
- Outdoor opportunities for socialization
- Homeschooling during COVID vs. “normal” times