ERB Writing Practice is an online program that helps students, grades 3–12, improve their writing skills through practice, feedback, and guided support backed by the industry’s most accurate automated scoring algorithm and a robust library of prompts and lessons.
ERB Writing Practice includes:
- Over 500 prompts for students to practice their writing skills year-round, with unlimited access and feedback from the PEG® scoring algorithm*
- Over 100 lessons are available on-demand to supplement writing instruction
- Over 30 graphic organizers to help students plan and outline their writing
- Instant scores and qualitative feedback on six traits of effective writing
ERB Writing Practice is just $45 per child/year and HSLDA members can save 15%!
* Project Essay Grade® (PEG®) software is an automated essay scoring solution based on more than 40 years of research by Dr. Ellis Batten Page, whose pioneering work in the field of computational linguistics has distinguished him as a leader in computer-based essay scoring. Using advanced, proven statistical techniques, PEG analyzes written prose, calculates measures that reflect the intrinsic characteristics of writing (fluency, diction, grammar, construction, etc.), and models the decisions of professional readers to produce scores that deliver unparalleled accuracy and reliability. PEG’s scoring results have been validated in more independent studies than all other essay scoring solutions combined.