As a non-profit advocacy organization, we are firmly committed to serving our members, donors, and the homeschool community. To better serve our donors, we are looking for an on-site, part-time Administrative Assistant to help our development staff.
What’s in It for You
- A homeschool- and family-friendly work environment that values encouraging the best in every family.
- The privilege of stewarding and cultivating relationships with our donors—individuals, families, foundations, and organizations—who generously give to support the work of HSLDA.
- The opportunity to further HSLDA's mission and vision by advancing our fundraising efforts.
- A chance to learn more about Resource Development.
- Being part of a hard-working and fun development team!
What You Will Be Doing
- Helping process check donations
- Processing donor receipt letters
- Engaging in donor data record clean-up and de-duping of accounts
- Writing thank you correspondence to new, mid-level, and recurring donors
- Calling new, mid-level, and recurring donors as part of donor cultivation
- Performing additional administrative tasks as needed to assist Development staff (stuff envelopes, address seasonal cards, enter data in to the database, etc.)
What You Need for This Position
- Customer-centered focus with a cheerful and enthusiastic disposition.
- A general knowledge of HSLDA's freedom work and HSLDA Compassion (grants program) will help you as you cultivate donor relationships.
- Confident yet humble attitude—demonstrating competence in your duties with humility.
- A strong work ethic expressed by being reliable, professional, efficient, and responsible.
- Ability to function well on a team—you will be expected to communicate about what you're doing and what challenges you're experiencing and listen to input form other team members and leaders.
- Desire to learn—an openness to new skills and real business application as the work of development grows.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with good penmanship.
- Professional and easy phone manner with excellent customer service abilities.
- An associate degree or at least two years of administrative experience is required
- The ability to work on-site in our office in Purcellville, VA
- Must be a committed Christian and supportive of HSLDA’s mission to make homeschooling possible.
Does this describe you? If so, please reach out to us! You can apply by sending your resume, with a cover letter explaining why you feel you’re a good professional and cultural fit, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to type “Development Part-Time Administrative Assistant” in the subject line.