Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA) is seeking a Data Analyst to work with our technology team This is a full-time position and will work closely with our Database Administrator and Technology Director.
Qualified candidates should be proficient in:
- Scrutinizing information using data analysis tools
- Maintaining and updating database systems
- Mining and compiling data from multiple sources
- Creating and converting live data feeds and ETL processes
- Using statistical tools to interpret data sets—locating trends, stories in data, and patters significant for diagnosis and prediction
- Collaborating with the team and executives to understand the methodology of the processes and data sources used to identify opportunities for HSLDA including process and data management improvement
- Documenting in simple terms the sources and methods that produced your data analysis
You will have the opportunity to:
- Work both on a team and independently as needed while maintaining a confident yet humble attitude and a willingness to grow
- Increase your technical acumen, stay up-to-date and share technical innovations
- Work within the tech stack, standards, and best practices of HSLDA
- Grow in other areas of technology and experience
Your skills should include solid experience with:
- Business Intelligence and Data Analytics
- SQL and ETL—plus, preferably, Salesforce SOQL and SOSL
- Data and database management—particularly MS SQL and Salesforce
- Data analysis and reporting tools—particularly Power BI and Salesforce tools
- Common cloud data sources such as Google Analytics
A college degree and/or three years work experience preferred. We prefer and onsite candidate, but are flexible and will consider a primarily remote candidate. Candidate must be a committed Christian who supports HSLDA's mission.
Does this sound like you? Send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Data Analyst” indicated in the subject line. We are very interested in seeing examples of your work, so please include links to projects you've previously done, or to your portfolio if you have one.
HSLDA is a Christian non-profit advocacy organization located in Purcellville, VA that is experiencing rapid growth. We make homeschooling possible by protecting homeschooling families and equipping them to provide the best educational experience for their children.