What’s In It for You
- The opportunity to work with a dynamic team, serving our members and the homeschooling community and increasing our services provided to our homeschooling families.
- A homeschool- and family-friendly work environment that values encouraging the best in every family.
- A generous, comprehensive benefits package, including family healthcare coverage, life insurance, long-term care, 401k, 13 paid holidays, generous vacation time, and an on-site gym.
What You Will Be Doing
- Answering incoming telephone calls, determining purpose of calls, and forwarding calls to appropriate personnel or department.
- Answering general questions about the organization and providing callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Welcoming on-site visitors to determine nature of business and announce visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Changing constituents’ addresses by phone, email, or mail returned by the Post Office. Also tracking down correct addresses by calling or emailing constituents whose mail has been returned to us without a forwarding address.
- Processing and mailing out requests for basic information.
- Performing other clerical duties as needed.
- Assisting Membership Retention Coordinator by making survey and courtesy calls.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co‑laborers, supervisors, and other personnel. May assist other staff members with their duties as workload dictates.
- Maintaining consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, and personal appearance.
- Maintaining composure, accuracy, and professional courtesy while listening to and assisting customers and colleagues, while referencing multiple screens and data.
What You Need for This Position
- High school diploma or equivalent, with a minimum of one year’s administrative experience.
- Excellent reading comprehension. Ability to take notes quickly for phone interpretation.
- Attentiveness to detail with the ability to prioritize.
- Good interpersonal skills and a proven ability to interact effectively and manage relationships with customers and co‑laborers.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small-group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Must be a committed Christian and supportive of HSLDA’s mission to help homeschooling families provide the best educational experience for their children.
- Spanish speaking and writing skills are a plus.
- Must be a US citizen or equivalent and eligible to work in the US.
Does this describe you? If so, please reach out to us! You can apply by sending your resume, with a cover letter explaining why you feel you’re a good professional and cultural fit, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to type “Full‑time Receptionist/CSR” in the subject line.