HSLDA is looking for a full-time Receptionist/Customer Service Representative (CSR). As the first contact homeschool families have with our organization, our Receptionists/CSRs provide exceptional customer care to every caller. Qualified applicants are
passionate about providing excellent service and have strong communication and computer skills. This is a full-time position located on site in our Purcellville, Virginia office.
What You Will Do
- Answer incoming telephone calls, determine purpose of calls, and forward calls to appropriate personnel or departments.
- Answer general questions about the organization and provide callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Welcome on-site visitors to determine nature of business and announce visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Maintain constituents’ current contact information.
- Process and mail out requests for basic information.
- Make survey and courtesy calls to our members.
- Maintain composure while listening to customer, referencing multiple screens and data, and responding with accuracy and professional courtesy.
- Perform other clerical duties as needed.
What You Will Bring
- High school diploma or equivalent, with a minimum of one year’s administrative experience.
- Excellent reading comprehension. Ability to take notes quickly for phone interpretation.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Attentiveness to detail with the ability to prioritize.
- Good interpersonal skills and a proven ability to interact effectively and manage relationships with customers and co‑laborers.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small-group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Spanish speaking and writing skills are a plus.
- Being a committed Christian who supports HSLDA’s mission.
- Being a US citizen or equivalent and eligible to work in the US.
Does this describe you? If so, please reach out to us! You can apply by sending your resume, with a cover letter explaining why you feel you’re a good professional and cultural fit, to email@example.com. Please make sure to type “Full‑time Receptionist/CSR” in the subject line.
A Bit About Us
HSLDA is a Christian non-profit advocacy organization that equips homeschooling families to provide the best educational experience for their children. We do this by caring for each member family and protecting and securing the future of homeschooling.
We are firmly committed to serving our members and the homeschool community.