We are looking for a full-time Conference Assistant. This person will serve as an administrative assistant for the Events Project Manager. The Conference Assistant will be responsible for handling administrative tasks for conferences and company events. This person will work full time, on-site in Purcellville, VA from March to September, and part time (about 10–20 hours per week) from October to February.
What’s in It for You
- The opportunity to work with a dynamic team that serves our members and the homeschooling community and encourage our co-laborers to excel in their roles while strengthening their personal walk with Christ.
- An opportunity to develop deep, authentic relationships and pray for our co-laborers and their families.
- A homeschool- and family-friendly work environment that values encouraging the best in every family.
What You Will Be Doing
- Communicating with HSLDA conference volunteers regarding expectations and instructions on representing HSLDA at local homeschool conferences
- Maintaining pre- and post-conference detail records, such as membership calculations
- Performing administrative needs for the Events Program Manager
- Registering for conferences, including payment and information gathering
- Aiding in the planning and implementation of internal events
- Assisting with conference material inventory, organization, and packing
- Traveling (occasionally) to HSLDA conferences
- Performing other related duties as requested
What You Need for This Position
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines for several events at once
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Professional and pleasant phone manner
- Must possess knowledge of, or be capable of learning about, HSLDA membership benefits and policies in order to sell memberships at conferences with confidence and enthusiasm
- Ability to travel on occasion (typically Thursday to Sunday) to conferences
- Proficiency in standard computer programs like Outlook, Sharepoint, Excel, Word, etc. and confidence to learn new programs for data management and organization as needed
- Willingness to learn and apply new processes or programs as conference and event needs and requirements evolve
- 2-year commitment preferred
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs and be capable of standing or walking for long periods of time
- Responsible, self-motivated work ethic
- Organized and detail-oriented mindset
- Passion for homeschooling
- Availability to work in our office in Purcellville, VA
- Must be a committed Christian and supportive of HSLDA’s mission to help homeschooling families provide the best educational experience for their children
Does this describe you? If so, please reach out to us! You can apply by sending your resume, with a cover letter explaining why you feel you’re a good professional and cultural fit, to email@example.com. Please make sure to type “Conference Assistant” in the subject line.
A Bit About Us
HSLDA is a Christian non-profit Advocacy organization that equips homeschooling families to provide the best educational experience for their children. We do this by caring for each member family and protecting and securing the future of homeschooling. We are firmly committed to serving our members and the homeschool community.