Who Is This Webinar For?
- “If I homeschool, will my student be able to get into college or obtain scholarships?”
- “I’m not a trained teacher or guidance counselor. How can I prepare my teen for applying to and succeeding at college?”
- “Where do homeschoolers get an official transcript and diploma?”
Does this resonate with you? If so, join us for this free webinar.
Hear about the homeschool-to-college journey from the perspective of parents and a homeschool grad! Our panel includes HSLDA High School Consultants Carol Becker and Natalie Mack, Carol’s adult daughter Dianne Becker Tavares (homeschool/college grad and mom to three littles), and HSLDA Senior Counsel Mike Donnelly (homeschool dad to seven).
Together with moderator Sandra Kim (full-time working—and newly homeschooling—mom to three), these panelists will walk you through how to map out your teen’s high school journey and equip your homeschooler to thrive in college and through their transition into adult life.
Gain insights on collaborating with your teen to personalize their education, shine in the admissions process, and get into college!
Some Topics We’ll Discuss
- Can homeschool grads really compete with traditional school grads in college and the job market? (Yes! Compete and excel!)
- When should we start planning for college? (It’s never too early!) Got any support tools for parents feeling overwhelmed by teaching high schoolers?
- Does my teen need to take the SAT, ACT, GED, or AP courses? Can my student start taking college courses during high school?
- What do college admissions officers and scholarship panels want to see from homeschoolers?
- How do I make sure my kid has practical prep, like living on their own, laundry, cooking, paying bills, and having a roommate? (Let’s talk Adulting 101.)