A Bit About Us
HSLDA is a Christian non-profit advocacy organization that equips homeschooling families to provide the best educational experience for their children. We do this by caring for each member family and protecting and securing the future of homeschooling. We are firmly committed to serving our members and the homeschool community.
What’s In It for You
- Working in a homeschool- and family-friendly environment.
- Collaborating with a team that encourages learning and improvement.
- Receiving a generous, comprehensive benefits package, including family healthcare coverage, life insurance, long-term care, 401k, 13 paid holidays, and generous vacation time—as well as onsite gym privileges.
What You Will Be Doing
- Working as a team member of our Scrum team in three-week sprints on discrete deliverables.
- Assisting in designing, planning, and documentation.
- Troubleshooting and providing key operational support.
- Developing improvements for existing applications and integrations as well as new applications.
- Increasing your technical acumen, staying up-to-date, and sharing technical innovations.
- Working full-time, onsite, in Purcellville, VA within the camaraderie of a small team of Christian professionals who enjoy technology and wowing our customers with the right solutions.
What You Need for This Position
- To be a committed Christian and have a desire to support homeschooling freedom.
- At least 2 years of serious web development experience; IT or CS degree is a plus.
- User-focused UX/UI design experience required. Data schema design experience is a plus.
- A passion for delivering quality, reliable software solutions.
- An ability to function well on a team—giving support, welcoming input, and keeping everyone informed.
- A confident yet humble attitude—technical competence with a willingness to grow.
- A self-motivated and investigative spirit to find, own, and fix the issue.
Does this describe you? If so, please reach out to us! You can apply by sending your resume, along with a cover letter explaining why you feel you're a good technical and cultural fit, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Cloud Developer / Analyst” in the subject line.