HSLDA is a Christian nonprofit advocacy organization that equips homeschooling families to provide the best educational experience for their children. We do this by caring for each member family and protecting and securing the future of homeschooling. We are firmly committed to serving our members and the homeschool community. HSLDA Online Academy is a division of HSLDA that encourages families to continue homeschooling through high school by providing quality, Christian courses to supplement their students’ education. We are currently seeking a full-time Academics Curriculum Specialist to oversee curriculum and academic quality for 40 online courses.
What’s in It for You
- A growth-oriented team environment, where all team members are encouraged to learn and improve.
- A homeschool- and family-friendly work environment that values encouraging the best in every family.
- A generous, comprehensive benefits package, including family healthcare coverage, life insurance, long-term care, 401k, 13 paid holidays, generous vacation time, and an on-site gym.
What You Will Be Doing
- Assisting the Program Manager in choosing and approving curriculum.
- Managing the Academy’s online bookstore, working with the online bookstore vendor, publishers, and Master Teachers as necessary.
- Curating yearly booklists for all Academy courses, as well as compiling other web content relevant to curriculum.
- Partnering with the Program Manager and Manager of Academics & Faculty to approve and finalize booklists.
- Overseeing the Academy’s curriculum-review cycle: evaluating course curriculum with the rubric provided, documenting findings, coordinating instructor and team reviews of course curriculum, comparing with personal findings and student surveys, and scheduling and overseeing resulting course update projects.
- Leading Lessons Learned meetings at the end of the academic year to discuss curriculum adjustments with instructors.
- Scheduling and tracking the adjustments approved for implementation, overseeing individual instructors or group projects as applicable.
- Checking completed adjustments for quality and accuracy.
- Assisting with course development projects, as delegated by the Program Manager.
- Providing customer service to parents with curriculum questions or concerns.
- Assisting Academics & Faculty team with live class evaluations each semester.
- Assisting with posting live class recordings as needed.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
What You Need for This Position
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a professional phone manner, ability to work with different personality types, and the ability to hand conflict professionally and graciously.
- A flexible schedule and ability to put in extra hours during busy seasons.
- Being a committed Christian and supportive of HSLDA’s mission to support homeschooling freedom and help homeschooling families provide the best educational experience for their children.
- Experience with curriculum development and online learning (preferred).
- Experience with leadership or project management (preferred).
- Experience as a teacher (preferred).
- The ability to work full-time, on-site position at our office in Purcellville, VA.
Does this describe you? If so, please reach out to us! You can apply by sending your résumé, along with a professional or academic writing sample, cover letter explaining why you feel you’re a good professional and cultural fit, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to type “Academics Curriculum Specialist” in the subject line.