If you have any questions about this privacy statement, please call us at 540-338-5600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
HSLDA.org gathers two types of information:
- Account Information: Information that you provided to become a member or to set up an account as a leader, e-mail subscriber, or other relationship. Account information can include both demographic information (name, address, phone number, zip code, email address, etc.) and preference information (username, password, etc.). HSLDA does not knowingly accept or use account information from children 12 years old or younger without parental consent.
- Usage information: Data that is collected by the user's browser (see cookies below) or provided by the user's connection for a page requested on our site (commonly referred to as website log data).
What we do with account dataAccount data will not be sold, rented, or donated to anyone other than HSLDA affiliated/contract organizations, except to the extent necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws or in legal proceedings where such information is relevant.
Account information may be required to receive access to certain information or services.
- HSLDA will at times use account information to offer services that we believe will assist homeschoolers. To opt out of such offers, account holders may communicate their preferences to us by email at: email@example.com
- To set preferences about how an email address is used, please visit hslda.org/unsubscribe.
What we do with usage data
HSLDA's web servers gather and analyze usage data from website visitors to help with a variety of site management issues. For example, we use log data to:
- Diagnose problems with our server
- Evaluate the sources of our user traffic (i.e. where site visitors clicked from to reach us)
- Determine traffic patterns through our site (to build better internal links and improve your ability to find what you want)
- Understand and optimize our site for the broadest selection of browser types (again, to improve your experience)
How cookies help you
- You only have to log in once when you visit certain "members-only" areas
- You can get customized (ie. selected by you) information without having to ask for it every visit, such as geographically specific information
- Cookies are required for you to access any of our restricted sections
Updating your account
User account data can be updated on the HSLDA website at the addresses listed below, by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling our office at 540-338-5600.
If you have questions, concerns, or complaints, please contact the webmaster:
P.O. Box 3000
Purcellville, VA 20134