|You can||Before H.S.||During H.S.||After H.S.||Resources||FAQs||Blog|
When considering future occupations for your high school teen, read about arranging with a professional to create a job shadowing opportunity. Check out the following resources:
- Bureau of Labor Statistics (free resources)
- Career Exploration for Homeschool High School Students by Carol Topp
- Choosing Your Career: the Christian's Decision Manual by Martin Clark
- Don’t Waste Your Talent by Bob McDonald, Ph.D. and Don E. Hutcheson
- Finding the Career that Fits You (Workbook) by Larry Burkett
- The Internship Bible by Princeton Review
- 100,000 opportunities to launch your career
- Provides information and contacts for internships throughout the US including high school and college internships
- Occupational Outlook Handbook, published by the US Dept of Labor
- Most widely used career information book
- Covers 270 careers providing information on average earnings, working conditions, advancement opportunities, related jobs, and training and education required
- US Department of Education
- What Color Is Your Parachute by Richard N. Bolles
- Complete career guide featuring chapters on "How To Start Your Own Business" and "How to Find Your Mission in Life"
- Provides websites for career and personality tests
- Your Career in Changing Times by Larry Burkett
Policy regarding resources listed by our Homeschooling Thru High School program:
Being listed as a resource does not constitute an endorsement by HSLDA. Our list of resources is not intended to be an exhaustive inventory of all available materials, but rather a sample listing of resources commonly used by our members.
HSLDA retains the exclusive right to determine which resources we will list. We will periodically update our list based on member feedback.
In general, resources listed must be of value to a substantial number of homeschoolers and cannot be overtly anti-Christian or anti-HSLDA.