Photo contest winners and finalists will be displayed at HSLDA’s headquarters in Purcellville, Virginia, for one year following the contest.
Each homeschooled student between the ages of 7-19 (including graduating seniors) may enter up to 3 photos:
- Photo submissions must fit the theme for your age category. Read the themes for this year’s contest.
- 8”x10” color or black & white print on photo paper.
- Do NOT frame or matte photo entries.
- Original photographs only!! No digital manipulation or touchup is allowed, except for cropping and adjustments to contrast, hue, saturation, tone, and sharpness. These techniques must be applied to the image as a whole, not to only certain areas. In other words, we are more interested in the student's photography skill than in his or her ability to digitally manipulate an image.
- Traditional techniques during film development and printing are allowed.
- All submissions must be suitable for all audiences. HSLDA reserves the right to reject entries that are gratuitously violent, sexually suggestive, vulgar, or otherwise explicitly offensive.
Each student may enter up to 3 photos. Fill out an online Entry Form for each photo. Multiple entries may be mailed in the same envelope and multiple entry fees may be included on one check. Entry fees are per entry.
|Regular Entry Fee
||$15.00 per entry
|HSLDA Member Discounted Entry Fee
||$10.00 per entry
Please pay via check or money order made payable to "HSLDA" with a note of "Photo Contest" in the memo line. Foreign checks not accepted. Contact the Contest Coordinator if you have any questions regarding payment: email@example.com.
How to Enter:
Entering is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Fill out the Entry Form online to be issued an Entry ID number. Fill out an online Entry Form for each photo. You do not need to print this. You may also download and print an Entry Form to mail in with your photo instead of entering online. In this case, do not write any Entry ID number on your photo.
- On the back of each photo, write your Age Category (1, 2, or 3), Photo Title, and Entry ID number as shown below.
- Mail your photo and entry fee, payable to HSLDA. Remember to include an entry fee for each photo – they may be combined onto one check. Mail to:
1 Patrick Henry Circle
Purcellville, VA 20132
- Judging is conducted anonymously—no student’s names are released to the judging panel until the winners have been selected.
- Judges will select approx. fifteen finalists per category. Of the finalists, three winners and two honorable mentions in each category will be selected. The decision of the judges is final.
- All of the finalists’ photographs will be displayed at the HSLDA office. Judging will be made based on subject, creativity, and composition. For details, check out Hear It from the Judges.
Contest winners will receive a cash congratulations, plus a wonderful transcript booster!
|Honorable Mentions (2)
Where the Contest Profits Go
All contest profits go to HSLDA Compassion, which uses them to provide low-income homeschooling families with access to educational and legal resources to help them continue homeschooling.
To learn about HSLDA Compassion, visit their website at www.HomeSchoolFoundation.org.