The following resources are listed as a springboard for your research into home education. The list is not exhaustive by any means, and inclusion or deletion of an item should not necessarily be construed to be an HSLDA endorsement or censorship of any resource. Some materials carried below may not be written from your family’s worldview or may include resource suggestions inconsistent with your worldview so, as always, parents are encouraged to use discernment in selecting materials appropriate for your family’s needs.
Books & Curriculum
- Activity Bags
- Basic Shapes for Beginners (e-book) by Heather Greutman. A hands-on approach to pre-writing strokes for preschoolers (ages 2-5). Includes resource list, items needed organized by week, and printables for designated activities. 79-page PDF
- Mommy, Teach Me! by Barbara Curtis
- Mommy, Teach Me to Read! by Barbara Curtis
- Montessori downloads (free)
- No Ordinary Child: Unlocking the Leader Within Your Child by Denise Mira
- Raising Real Men: Surviving, Teaching, and Appreciating Boys by Hal and Melanie Young
- Slow and Steady, Get Me Ready by June Oberlander
- The Ordinary Parent’s Guide to Teaching Reading by Jessie Wise and Sara Buffington
- Parenting From the Heart: Practical Parenting From A Mom of 14 Children by Marilyn Boyer
- Fun Projects for Hands-On Character Building by Rick and Marilyn Boyer
- Horizons preschool curriculum kit—Designed to accommodate a 3- to 5-day schedule, 180 lessons begin with a Bible theme and then flow into engaging activities and academic subjects, including social studies, language arts, math, phonics, and science. Includes suggestions for arts and crafts, music, story times, field trips, and other enrichment opportunities. Softcovers.
- The Weaver Curriculum: Interlock Program for Preschool and Kindergarten
- Entertaining and Educating Your Preschool Child, Usborne Books
- Homepreschool and Beyond by Susan Lemons
- The Smarter Preschooler: Unlocking Your Child’s Intellectual Potential by Renee and Mike Mosiman
- Before Five in a Row by Steve and Jane Lambert
- Early Education at Home by Jean Soyke
Other Preschool Curriculum
Many of the books listed here include activities and resources for your young learner, using materials you probably have around the house. For those who would like a more “packaged” option, here’s a starting point!
From Homeschooling Today magazine:
For more homeschool publications, see our Publications section under the Resources tab.
Also check the Suggested Resources page.
Comments/Suggestions | Disclaimer | Advertising