Home School Legal Defense Association | Patrick Henry College
HSLDA Job Opportunities
Home School Foundation
Job Title: Administrative & Marketing Assistant
Position Type: Part-time
Department: Home School Foundation
Summary: Answers phone calls and emails, assists with graphic design needs and marketing, assists grant administration team by processing grant applications and donations, updating materials, preparing mailing queries or statistical reports, and helping with other projects as needed.
- Assist with answering main line phone calls and Info inbox emails
- Assist Development Director with graphic design for ads and fund materials (brochures, etc.)
- Write text for quarterly HSLDA contest ads and promotional emails
- Trained as a back-up on essential Grant Administrator functions including:
- Processing adjustments of gifts
- Handling recurring gifts and donation declines
- Processing, batching, and mailing approved grant applications
- Generating membership scholarship coupons
- Creating and exporting queries for Development mailings and Staff Meetings
- Updating grant applications using Adobe InDesign
- Assisting with development of Foundation Reports and other Eloqua emails
- Assist with other projects as needed
Qualifications and Education Requirements
The position requires strong organization and communication skills, a solid work ethic, good people skills, ability to develop relationships, a professional and easy phone manner, an attitude of perseverance, and a passion for homeschooling. The candidate must be able to diligently and independently organize, strategize, and manage multiple tasks. Writing and editing skills, being good with numbers, and a sense for marketing and graphic design are necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree or five years’ experience in administrative duties.
- MS Office, Blackbaud, Raiser’s Edge, Adobe InDesign, and most importantly, Compassion!
- Some background in homeschooling.
This is a part-time, on-site position at HSF in Purcellville, Virginia. To apply, please send your resume to Suzanne Stephens, Director of Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org.