Checklist for the Day of the Test
by Cindy Short and Sue Welch
- Plan ahead for a peaceful, unhurried evening and morning before the test.
- Check directions to the testing site and plan to leave and arrive early to avoid stress before the test.
- Make sure your child sleeps well, eats a healthy breakfast, and gets enough water to drink.
- Be prepared with necessary tools such as extra pencils or calculators if allowed.
- If this is your child’s first test, you may want to be present in the back of the room for at least part of the time to relieve his anxiety.
- Be sure your child understands what to do if he needs to go to the bathroom during the test. (Have him go right before the test.)
- Avoid conversations between other students and your child before a test; anxiety is contagious.
- Pray with your child that he will remember what he has learned and do his best. Thank the Lord that He promised to always be with your child.
- The spiritual lessons and experiences of trusting the Lord in everyday circumstances and working under pressure can be a much greater life-long benefit than the actual test itself.
Copyright 2008 by www.TeachingHome.com. Reprinted by permission
Comments/Suggestions | Disclaimer | Advertising