HSLDA.org gathers two types of information:
- Account Information: Information that you have provided to HSLDA for the purpose of maintaining an account with HSLDA as a member, leader, e-mail subscriber or other relationship. Account information may be required in order to receive access to certain information or services. Account information can include both demographic information (name, address, phone number, zip code, email address, etc.) and preference information (username, password, etc.),
- Usage information: Information that is automatically provided by each user's browser for each page requested on our site (commonly referred to as web site log data).
Account Data Use
Account data will not be sold, rented, or donated to anyone other than HSLDA and entities acting on behalf of HSLDA, except to the extent necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws or in legal proceedings where such information is relevant.
HSLDA does not knowingly accept or use account information from children 12 years old or younger without parental consent.
Usage Data Use
HSLDA's web servers gather and analyze usage data from web site visitors to help with a variety of site management issues. None of the usage data collected will be used in conjunction with or related to your personal identity in anyway. For example, we use log data to:
- diagnose problems with our server,
- evaluate the sources of our user traffic (ie. where site visitors clicked from to reach us),
- determine traffic patterns through our site (to build better internal links and improve your ability to find what you want),
- understand and optimize our site for the broadest selection of browser types (again, to improve your experience).
- you only have to log-in once when you visit certain "members-only" areas,
- you can get customized (ie. selected by you) information without having to ask for it every visit, such as geographically specific information.
Cookies are required in order to access any of our restricted access sites. All cookies used on our web site are temporary and only exist while you are on our site with exception for some cookies that you may actively choose to keep on your computer after your session has ended. Finally, cookies provide us with no information about who you are other than the information you have actively provided to us. Cookies also do not tell us where you go on the Internet when you are not at our site.
HSLDA.org acquires no personal or account data about our users except what you explicitly and voluntarily provide (ie. opt-in). We reserve the right to use this information specifically for the purposes related to your account and generally for any necessary future communication regarding your account or status.
Updating or Deleting
User account data can be updated or deleted on the HSLDA website at the addresses listed below, or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling our office at (540) 338-5600.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this web site, please contact us as follows: