2010 Commercial Video Guidelines
Submission Dates: August 16, 2010 to November 15, 2010
Entries received before August 16 or postmarked after November 15 will not be accepted.
- Each entrant will submit a video commercial that illustrates the value of HSLDA membership to a family. Videos will be a minimum of 60 seconds and may not exceed 90 seconds.
- Up to two entries per person or team will be allowed.
This contest is open to anyone.
- Your project is to be completed by a team which may include, but is not limited to, a director, producer, writer, camera crew, actors, technical crew (lighting, etc.), and post-production crew. While there may be more than one person involved in the project, we ask that the individual taking the role of director fit into the specifications above. The director will send us the finished product, will take responsibility for the project, and will be the individual awarded at the end of the contest. A single cash prize (see prizes below) will be awarded to each winning entry regardless of the number of individuals who participated in the entry/project.
- Your work needs to be completely original.
- Please email your YouTube clip link to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name, address, and phone number.
- We require that you also mail us a hard copy DVD in QuickTime format.
- $20 for HSLDA members
- $40 for non-HSLDA members
- Entries must include a completed and signed entry form and permission form.
- Entries must include an entry fee (payable by check or money order only).
- Entries must include a YouTube link of the video along with a hard copy DVD in QuickTime format.
Attn: Commercial Contest
One Patrick Henry Circle
Purcellville, VA 20132-3197
- Video submissions will undergo two rounds of judging:
- Round 1: By a panel of critics selected by HSLDA.
- Round 2: The People’s Choice. The critics selected by HSLDA will make their top choices. Those choices will be put online, and made available for the people’s vote.
- The HSLDA panel of critics will judge the videos on originality of thought, style, adherence to the requirements, and production quality. The panel may be composed of both professional and amateur filmmakers.
- Results of the contest will be released by the spring of 2011.
- One “Critics’ Choice Award” in the amount of $1,000.
- One “People’s Choice Award” in the amount of $1,000.
By submitting a video you:
- Grant Home School Legal Defense Association the right to publish all or part of your submission, (see permission form for more information.)
- Agree to all rules and the decisions of the judges and sponsors.
- Agree to not use copyrighted music or other media without explicit permission by the owner.
- Do not hold Home School Legal Defense Association responsible for any lost, damaged, misdirected, delayed, mutilated, incomplete, illegible, or postage-due entries or mail.
- Realize that all profits from this contest will go to the Home School Foundation’s Special Needs Children Fund.
Please contact Contest Coordinator at email@example.com with any questions.