|You can||Before H.S.||During H.S.||After H.S.||Resources||FAQs||Blog|
A high school diploma is a document that bears record of the completion of a course of study. If you're wondering whether your homeschooled student can receive a diploma, the answer is yes!
As the parent, you've prescribed your child's course of study and you can present a diploma that indicates he has successfully completed it. Some correspondence schools also provide diplomas for completion of their course of study.
If for some reason the college your child wants to attend looks skeptically at homeschool diplomas, the quickest way to demonstrate academic competence is to have your child take several courses at the local community college. By dual enrolling, your child can take classes that help complete her high school course work while earning college credit at the same time (subject to state and individual college policies). Those college credits will allow your child to transfer to the school of her choice. (If you select this route, be sure that your child's destination college will accept the specific college courses she plans to take.)
- What does a diploma mean?
- Where do I get a diploma?
- Can I make my own diploma?
- Who must sign the diploma?
- Can a parent sign a diploma even if he did not personally teach all the classes?
- Can more than one person sign the diploma?
- What should I write on the diploma?
- What if I homeschooled in close association with a private school?
- Do I need an "accredited" diploma? If so, how do I get one? Some colleges and employers look down on a homeschool diploma (they want it to be state-certified).
- Even so, how do I get an "accredited" diploma?
- Can I obtain a high school diploma without involving the local school district?
- Will the local public school issue a diploma for my student?
- Must the student comply with state or school district requirements in order to receive a diploma?
- Do I need to get the local public school's approval before issuing a diploma?
- How do I get a diploma that is recognized by the armed forces?
- Should I skip the diploma and have my student take the GED test instead?
- List of schools (i.e., correspondence and online) that offer a diploma for homeschools.
- Diploma services/programs-can I homeschool without them? How effective are they?
- Should I also prepare a transcript?