HSLDA Job Opportunities
Last updated 4/28/2016
HSF: Grant Administrator
Job title: Grant Administrator
Position Type: Full-time, on-site
Department: Home School Foundation
Summary: The Home School Foundation has an immediate opening on site in our office (Purcellville, Virginia) for a Grant Administrator.
This Grant Administrator will process applications for HSF funds and oversee all applicant communication pertaining to grant applications.
- Processes fund applications for all funds
- Manages applicant correspondence via email, mail and phone calls
- Works with discount vendors to make special offers to our grant recipients
- Assists with other administrative duties as needed by the team:
- Answering incoming phone calls and emails
- Evaluating potential applicants for eligibility
- Updating social media—Facebook and Twitter
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree or five years’ experience in administrative duties. As a ministry, the Home School Foundation seeks dedicated Christian staff who have compassion for hurting families in the homeschool community. Grant Administrators must feel comfortable with the ministry aspect of this position, including praying with families on the phone and being able to graciously communicate with parents enduring difficult circumstances.
The position is full time and onsite, with a generous benefit package. Salary is commensurate with experience.
The Home School Foundation office is located in Purcellville, Virginia in Loudoun County on the campus of Patrick Henry College. Only 70 minutes west of Washington, D.C., 40 minutes from the DC Metro system, and 15 minutes from the Appalachian Trail, Purcellville provides a convenient access point to the D.C. Metro area, northern Virginia, Maryland, and West Virginia. Recreational opportunities abound nearby—Blue Ridge Mountains, ski resorts, whitewater opportunities, the 45-mile W&OD Bike Trail, Shenandoah River and Potomac River.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume with Grant Administrator in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to be considered for the position. This opening is available immediately. Please feel free to pass this message along to anyone you know who might be interested in helping families homeschool successfully.
HSLDA: Junior Web Developer
Job title: Junior Web Developer
Position Type: Full-time, on-site
Department: Web Services
Summary: Home School Legal Defense Association is seeking an entry-level Junior Web Developer to work in our Web Services Department. This is a full-time on-site position with an expected term of one year, which may be extended for additional years depending on organizational needs and employee performance.
Qualified candidates should be very familiar with Internet use and Office applications, and have at least a minimal level of knowledge of HTML. A high level of attention to detail is important for this position. Proficiency with HTML and a working knowledge of basic web tools and database skills are a significant plus. Duties will include but are not limited to updating and posting web content, maintaining email accounts and updating databases. Depending on candidate skill level there may be opportunity for some design and development.
Responsibilities will include:
- Posting and updating of web content.
- Designing, building, and testing emails such that they are displayed well on many different mail readers.
- Providing customer support to end users who are having difficulty using HSLDA's website.
- To adhere to content production and development schedules.
- Provide design maintenance, under the guidance of Web & Communication staff, of all websites and other electronic publications and applications.
- Basic knowledge of HTML & CSS
- Basic understanding of web technologies
- Hunger to learn and grow new skills in the rapidly developing web & mobile markets
- Ability to collaborate effectively with software engineers and other highly technical staff
- Time Management
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Proficiency
HSLDA’s office is located in Purcellville, Virginia in Loudoun County on the campus of Patrick Henry College. Only 70 minutes west of Washington, D.C., 40 minutes from the DC Metro system, and 15 minutes from the Appalachian Trail, Purcellville provides a convenient access point to the D.C. Metro area, northern Virginia, Maryland, and West Virginia. Recreational opportunities abound nearby—Blue Ridge Mountains, ski resorts, whitewater opportunities, the 45-mile W&OD Bike Trail, Shenandoah River and Potomac River.
Send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com with Junior Web Developer indicated in the subject line. Please feel free to pass this message along to anyone you know who might be interested in serving the homeschooling community.